Precautions for our May 11th Re-opening
We hope you and your family are healthy and doing well. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months and we are all looking forward to things getting back to a (new) normal. While many things have changed, one thing remains the same; our commitment to our patients.
Since being forced to postpone routine eye care due to the restrictions from the CDC regarding COVID-19, we have continued to perform urgent and emergency care during this pandemic. We deeply appreciate your understanding while we followed the CDC’s recommendations. Your continued support of our practice through the purchase of services and materials allows our staff to continue to put food on their table.
We are thrilled to tell you that we are planning to re-open our office to routine care on Monday May 11th! We are in the process of scheduling patients now. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work to reschedule all patient appointments that were missed during our closure.
We have carefully planned and revised our office protocol to minimize risk for our patients and our team and are confident in our decision to re-open. You will see changes when it is time for your next appointment. These changes have been made very intentionally following the CDC and NC Health Department recommendations to help protect you, our staff, and our community. Here are a few of the protocols we are continuing/implementing:
- ALL surfaces have been treated and decontaminated with a product called Microsure. Microsure is an EPA certified nanotechnology anti-microbial treatment that binds with the surface and kills any microbes that contact it for 30 days.
- Regular disinfection of all rooms and equipment will be performed before and after each patient encounter.
- Masks will be required for all staff and patients.
- Temperature and Virus symptom screening will be performed on all patients and staff.
- Time will be limited in office by obtaining all histories before entering the building.
- Only patients will be permitted in the building (unless patient is a minor or requires assistance) and only by appointments.
- Products and orders will be dispensed curbside.
- Schedule will be reduced to minimize overlap of patient visits.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions that you may have. We have missed you all. We value your trust and loyalty in our practice!
Tim Koop O.D.
Angela Martinek O.D.