Wavefront Corneal Molding
Vision Source Eye Center of the Triad also stays on the cutting edge of technology. That is why we also offer you Wavefront Corneal Molding (WCM). WCM is a non-surgical process which reshapes the cornea of the eye utilizing special contact lenses known as Corneal Molds (retainers), thereby reducing the dependence on corrective eyewear. This is especially beneficial for children and young adults whose vision may still be changing because it allow us to drastically slow, if not stop, the progression of change in their vision. Reshaping the cornea with contact lenses isn’t new. It’s called Orthokeratology (Ortho-K), and it has been practiced for decades.
Most patients achieve clear unaided vision the first day after overnight wear, but patients with higher prescriptions may require a few days to reach their best vision. Once optimal vision improvement has been achieved, then the retainer lenses are worn at night while sleeping to maintain the stable vision. Some patients experience results that last for 48 hours or longer and, hence, need to only wear their retainers every other night. This is just another part of our TruFit promise to you that we will find the vision correction that works for you.
Wondering if WCM is right for you?
- Do you wear glasses or contact lenses for nearsightedness or astigmatism?
- Are you interested in LASIK but not quite ready?
- Are you unable to wear contacts due to allergies or other sensitivities?
- Are you tired of getting debris getting under gas permeable lenses?
- Do you feel contacts inhibit your ability to enjoy sports, working out, hiking, swimming, or skiing?
- Do your child’s eyes require a stronger eyeglass prescription every year?
- Does your child need contacts but has trouble wearing or caring for them?
- Do you want to wake up during the night and see?
If the answer to any of these questions was yes, give us a call to schedule a WCM consultation today!
For even more information on Orthokeratology, please click the link below.